Ringwood’s Winter Wanderland is a series of events and activities in the Town to mark the festive period and to encouarge visitors to come into the town to view our wonderful lights, Christmas tree and support our fabulous shops, bars and restaurants. Next year's festivities start on Sunday 1st December with our popular event. More details below.
We are now taking bookings for our 2024 Ringwood Winter Wanderland event, due to be held on Sunday 1st December. If you would like to book a place, please first read the following:
If you are happy to progress your booking, please complete the short form and the Event Manager will aim to get back to you within 10 working days.
A FANTASTIC time was had by all at the 2023 Ringwood Winter Wanderland Event which took place on Sunday 26th November.
You can see the full programme from the day here - Ringwood Winter Wanderland Full Programme.
It all started at 11:30am with the first Santa Parade leaving the Long Stay Car Park and travelling down to The Furlong Shopping Centre, then Meeting House Lane, Southampton Road, High Street, Market Place and up Meeting House Lane. Then followed:
- A market with over 60 stalls made up of local arts and crafts, produce, gifts, charity stalls and a selection of yummy food options stretching from Fridays Cross down to the Market Place
- Childrens entertainment in Gateway Square as well as choirs and stalls
- Street entertainment and stage acts on the Market Place stage
- Performances from Ringwood and Burley Band down the High Street
-The Polar Express miniature railway and steam engines at Fridays Cross
- A second parade which left the Long Stay Car Park at 5:45pm, straight down Meeting House Lane and into the Market Place
- Light switch on with Santa at 6pm
- Santa's Grotto at Ringwood Gateway
Take a look at our promotional film from the day.
We can't thank our wonderfully generous supporters, without whom we could not run our events.
Congratulations to the winners of the Ringwood Christmas Window Competition, with over 1000 votes cast in the public vote.
The overall winner was BRIGHTWATER Sales & Lettings, who beat stiff competition from over 30 local shops, businesses and community organisations with Champion Barbers Ringwood coming a very close second. Ringwood Fabrics, Queen Nails Ringwood and Martin & Co Ringwood also scored very well in the public vote coming 3rd to 5th.
Come along to this Greening Ringwood event for expert help and advice to on how to keep your home warmer in Winter and cooler in Summer.
The Council’s response to amended plans for proposed residential development of land at Moortown Lane and associated open space adjacent to Crow Lane will be considered at a meeting of Full Council on 28 February.
The next deadline for grant aid applications is Friday 1st March.