The Old Part of the Cemetery opened in 1864; records show the first interment was in this year. It is approximately 7 acres in size, with 6,000 grave spaces and a Garden of Rest. The Chapel and Bell Tower were demolished in 1960.
The Cemetery was extended in the early part of the 20th Century, and enrolled in the Registry Books by Deed of Conveyance on 4 May 1921. Part of the New Burial Ground was consecrated on 5 November 1936 and there was a further consecration ceremony in 1979.
The newer part of the Cemetery is approximately four fifths of an acre, with around 720 ashes plots in the New Garden of Rest and 400 graves spaces.
War Graves - there are 30 on the war graves list.
- A guide to Ringwood Cemetery
- Cemetery Fees - 2022-23
- Cemetery Regulations - Adopted on 1st November 2019
- Interment Form (PDF) (Word version)
- Application for approval of a memorial
- Application to buy the exclusive right of burial (PDF) (WORD version)
- Application to Register the Transfer of Rights (PDF) (WORD version)
Ringwood Cemetery Address: